sunday rituals

my favorite view on a sunny sunday morning.

i sit here at my kitchen table, listen to music, sip on coffee in my anthropologie mug and read Sunday Secrets on PostSecret.


The life of a kitchen table:

it would be amazing to hear what my kitchen would have to say about my life and those close to it. I inherited this table after my grandmother passed away two summers ago. it spent the year in kent for my last semester of college and lived through everything we went through that year, good times and bad.

rit dye catastrophes, coffee and countless conversations before class, barbecue chips and cottage cheese at 3 am, sour cream, basil and pretzels, lots of wine, lots of laughter.

this kitchen table was there for my when I cried for the first time in 9 months.

my friend Darren posted a blog entry about things that define us. I got to thinking about what the hell defined me. Sounds strange that a kitchen table would define a person. Although many other things molded me into the person I am today, but I definitely learned a lot about myself and life at this kitchen table. i can only hope to learn more as this kitchen table has made the transition to real life with me.




i dedicate this post to Kayla- the best friend i have ever had and maybe the only person who might understand this post.