cherry oatmeal bars

work, travels, birthdays for the past three weeks have kept me really busy.
yesterday i finally had time to go to the grocery store, get some food to actually make my fridge look like someone eats in my apartment, and bake.

i found this recipe but made a few of my own touches.

you need:
1 cup flour
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 baking soda
1/8 salt
1/2 butter (room temp)
cherry preserves


i pour myself a nice glass of peach tea.

put on my pretty little apron a very special girl got me in boston,
and put on some music.





combine dry ingredients in a bowl, making sure all brown sugar clumps are broken up.
with your hand, smoosh the butter in.

using half the mixture, crumble into a greased glass baking dish and then press down.

spread preserves on, and then crumble the rest of the oat mixture on top.
bake at 350 for 35 min.
there you have it.