life of a wallet

i finally did it. i got a new wallet.
i have a specific memory of last time i was with my mom i might have passively mentioned a really needed a new one, all she really said was to that was, "yeah, you do, that's gross katie."

and it is. but i guess i had some crazy attachment to this particular wallet. i got it for my birthday when i lived in new york and was a intern at micheal kors. in the midst today, while shopping, i got to thinking about the life of this wallet.

for the past two and a half years this wallet was everywhere i was. and i have to say who i was two and a half years ago is a nearly a completely different person. i been through some significant changes and experiences, all that which have aided me into becoming who i am today.

grime from the experiences i had while actually living in the city
senior year at kent and everything we went through at that house on south lincoln
countless all nighters
3 day hauls every weekend downtown at the bars
the river
tuesdays at guacamole's, pulp, chipotle, bottles, friday mornings at the goat
that shitty little job at had at justice
the numerous trips we all took back to the city.
graduation
the last night i had in kent, sitting on the back of the uhaul my parents rent to move all my crap to my sparkly new life in columbus
everything i have had the opportunity to experience for the past year i have lived down here.

all these things are embedded into its fabric.


365 days exactly have passed since i moved to columbus. i resigned my lease to my apartment for another year and i am more than content finally being able to stand still for a while.
i did love my old wallet, but there couldn't be anything more exciting than change.


i am pleased with this gem i found at TJ's this afternoon. its cute and will stay a lot cleaner and my old one. i finally know myself well enough to some anything of light fabric is a struggle to keep clean. picking a cream canvas wallet might not have been the smarter idea for someone such as myself.